Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall bike ride

This past weekend I worked a 14 hour day on both Friday and Saturday. I could barely move my legs on Sunday morning. I rode the train back to NYC on Sunday and didn't want to waste any more of the beautiful day traveling, so we decided to go for a bike ride instead of driving upstate for Oktoberfest. We  normally ride along the river in Queens but my boyfriend wanted to try a different route. He suggested we ride to Flushing Meadows Park instead. We rode along Roosevelt Ave for most of the way which made me extremely cranky. I didn't want to spend the gorgeous fall day riding underneath a subway track with tons of cars cutting me off and having to stop at every light. Once I got to the park though, and I was fed, I was much happier and really glad my boyfriend suggested we check out a new area. We picked up some corn and chorizo from a street vendor and visited the Queens Zoo, which is in the park. It was such a perfect sunny afternoon spent strolling around looking at animals that don't normally live in  the city. After the park, we rode to Woodside to meet some friends for Thai food, then biked home. We biked a total of 12 miles on Sunday. So much for resting my feet. My legs were throbbing on Monday morning, but it was worth it. 





No comments: