Monday, July 23, 2007

My weekend

This weekend, my brother came home to attend his 10 year high school reunion. I really loved that he brought his laundry all the way from North Carolina because he doesn't have a washer/dryer in his house. Aside from that, he really did look grown up with his shiny new wedding band.



Meanwhile, instead of my usual weekends spent eating, drinking, and sleeping, Caroline and I decided to try something new and go to an all day rock show in Asbury.

There would be nothing out of the ordinary about this except that Caroline and I don't actually like rock music. We had no idea what one wears to rock shows so we raided her little sister's closet and pilfered any article of clothing with skulls, holes, or graphics. But then we realized we looked like Avril Levine going to a Black Sabbath show...so I just opted to keep on the black liner.

Overall the night was a pretty good laugh...like Carrie Bradshaw and Samantha going to CBGB. Needless to say, I will be sticking to places that serve martinis.

No comments: