Wednesday, October 31, 2007

MOCA Benefit Dinner

Last night I went to the Museum of Chinese in America (formerly known as Museum of Chinese in the Americas) media reception and benefit dinner attended by Mayor Bloomberg, Vera Wang, Maya Lin, and various Chinese Americans with deep pockets. I apparently spent too long chatting up a random Korean man at the open bar that I missed the press Q&A and was too buzzed to conduct a decent interview afterwards. While I stood there red cheeked and grinning sheepishly, a security guard asked me if I got what I needed (referring to interviews). "No," I replied, thinking to myself that I totally dropped the ball, "but I do have a good buzz."

Highlights of the night: Mayor Bloomberg claiming he was more Chinese than anyone standing in the room, Open Bar and cheese (obviously), and rich white folks voluntarily dressed up in traditional Chinese clothes.

No comments: