Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Would Shawn Johnson eat that?

I'm not sure what's more sad at the moment. The fact that I'm going to admit that I was at the 24 hr McDonald's at 12am getting chicken Mcnuggets by myself, or the fact that on my way in I walked past a man wearing a suit giving a homeless guy money and asking him what he's willing to do.

Or the fact that I'm sitting here at my computer eating my 6 piece chicken Mcnuggets and wishing that I had gotten the 10 piece miel with the fries. Or the fact that I spelled meal, miel.

I've been on a diet lately- just because I felt I could be more toned, but also because I was inspired by the bodies of the US Olympic beach volleyball women. So as I'm sitting here thinking about how undisciplined I am, what a failure I am, what a poor speller I am, the McDonald's bag profiles Shawn Johnson, the US Olympic gymnast. And on the front of the bag it says she "trains seven days a week, staying on the honor roll at school, making sure I get to be sixteen, that's what I'm made of."

You wanna know what I'm made of? Oh shit! A stray Mcnugget left in the bag! Yessss!!!

No comments: