Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dilemmas of a drunk (should that be the new name of my blog?)

D and I arrived on Koh Panghan last Thursday after an 8 hour bus ride and 4 hour boat ride.



We met a friend on the way, a nice English girl who's disaster prone, so this should be interesting.


We found a nice little room on the beach for $5 a night. I think I've encountered every critter alive in this room; mosquitoes, spiders, lizards, but worst so far is this massive cockroach that lives in the bathroom and runs wild every time you turn on light. Otherwise, the room is quite fancy with a spiral staircase leading up to our bed. It's a bit hazardous when we're drunk though. Our shower is awesome with a heavy stream of refreshingly cold water.

D and I take a midday siesta with the door and window open. We had reggae on and a cool breeze blowing in the room. Ahhh- we're in heaven.

We were drunk by 9pm and up to our usual shenanigans. I got home early, at 5am, once I lost everybody and felt like I was going to throw up. Earlier we hid our valuables in the trash bin and D's phone was ringing, lighting up the bin and drawing any potential thieves to the bin o' gold. I laid awake worrying about our stuff in the bin so I pulled it next to my head by the bed. (I'm not sure how this would have helped should we be robbed). Later, I felt like I needed to throw up but was worried that D would return to the room and reach in the bin for his phone and touch my throw up. Hmmm dilemmas of a drunk. This is a preview of what the rest of the week will be like.

No comments: