Thursday, November 4, 2010

a kinder place



It's cold, wet, and dreary here in NYC today and I feel like I'm coming down with something from the changing weather and from exhaustion. (Party Penguin really wore me out!)

I was thinking randomly today about just how tired I am (I feel like I've just been nonstop) and it made me think of work last week. I was working with Romy in Jersey for Off BEET Productions and I wasn't going to be done until 12am, and with the trains and subways I wouldn't have gotten home until 4AM, and I had to be up again for work the next day at 9AM. (Woof). I was whining to one of the videographers about my late night commute (just for whining's sake) and he offered to wait for me (and extra hour) and drive me home (since he lived nearby). I protested (I went there knowing I wasn't going to be done until late) but he insisted.

I can't tell you what a huge difference this made in my night and the following day. I was still tired but it could have been much worse. On top of that, he had no ulterior  motives. He simply said, "I just thought, if that was my girlfriend waiting for the train that late and having such a long ride alone, I wouldn't have liked that."

If only everyone in this world imagined it was their girlfriend/mom/grandma/sister/friend (etc) in a situation...I think the world would be a kinder place.