Friday, August 7, 2009

It's the little things...

I went to FedEx Kinkos today and there was only one woman in front of me in line but she was taking extremely long because she was designing her daughter's wedding invitation and was confused with the concept of fitting everything within the paper dimensions. I stood there for what felt like ages, burning a hole in the back of her head with my squint. I wasn't in any particular rush but the fact that I had to wait to buy just one page of resume paper, just one, was a serious strain on my patience. "Tap, tap, tap," said my impatient left foot as I inched closer and closer to her until I could see my breath parting her hair.

Finally, Mother of the Bride was finished, without purchasing the invitations, mind you. I asked the guy for one Natural White piece of resume paper and he gave it to me for free on one condition he said, "Get the job."

It's only 12 cents to Kinkos but his kindness made my day.

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that kindness is golden!

now as for MOB (mother of the bride) why on earth is she getting that ish done at Kinkos? does she hate her daughter?