Monday, June 28, 2010

weekend update

Oh my gosh. Where have I been? I've been so busy, I don't even know what day it is. I've been working so much and always have the intention of staying in but I also can never say no to anyone. I went shopping after work on Thursday for some birthday gifts and was looking forward to kicking up my feet when I got home and painting my nails. (I was excited about painting nails). Around 8 PM, a friend called and invited me to a house party. I looked down at my raggedy, chipped nails and thought, oh I'll just hide my hands in my pockets. Besides, I had to work early in the morning so I figured I'd just stop by to say hello. I walked in as they were finishing up a game of asshole, was handed a cup of rum punch (oh the Jamaica memories came rushing back) , and got started on a game of beer pong. I felt like I was back in college. No, wait, I was a huge dork in college and didn't go to parties. After being at the party for 20 minutes I learned I didn't have to work the next morning. This was when I knew the night was going in a different direction. The party continued with more rum punch, shots, flip cup, strobe lights, and people dancing with their shirts off. So this is what college is like.

(this was me shielding my eyes when all the shirts came off)

I could barely get out of bed Friday morning but then I received a text from one of my best friends and college roommate that she was in town and wanted to grabbed a drink. Rarely does my arm need to be twisted to drink but it sure did need a huge tug to get me off the couch. I was exhausted but I couldn't turn down a chance to see my friend. I chugged some coconut water, inhaled a plate of mac n cheese (the combo hangover cure) and we headed to a new bar, Canz, near my apartment for some beers and World Cup. The service there was so incredibly bad, especially for a place that staffs one server for every table, that it was actually comical. But aside from worrying that we were inconveniencing the waitress by ordering food and beer from her, we had a blast catching up. I don't get to see my girlfriend enough and I tried my hardest to get her to miss her train by ordering more rounds. After she left, I continued on (gotta finish what you started right?) to meet some  friends for karaoke night (don't worry, I didn't sing). I had to work early the next morning so I forced myself to leave at a reasonable hour (I mean, I had been drinking since 2 PM), picked up some Taco Truck (my first time!), and headed home.

I watched some more World Cup on Saturday- poor USA- they had so much heart. Later Saturday night I headed down to Pianos to meet some friends for Elfin's half birthday celebration (any excuse to party right?). I think this bar is the official birthday party bar. I've been to 3 birthdays here already, including my own, and have never had a bad time. We danced like fools all night and there are photos to prove it. (not shown here though)

I was given an endless supply of elfin hugs and kisses.

An awesome dance party night must always end at a diner (not really, but I wasn't ready to go home yet) and that's where we stuffed our faces with omelets and fries, just so that I would have something to regret in the morning.

I've got another busy week ahead of me so I'm going to try not to go out again till at least Thursday. You know what that means...

No comments: