Thursday, October 14, 2010

the return of Sunday Funday

I haven't gone out on a Sunday in a while since it's one of the few days I have off. I usually end up lounging on the couch but Miss Brit invited me out for brunch. I was pretty worn out from my week with Hannah but the weather was so gorgeous and the restaurant was near the hospital where I needed to get my stitches out. I figured it would be incentive for me to go to the hospital since I have been avoiding it. I was going to go before brunch but I was running late so I figured I'd go after. We went to Mercadito Cantina in East Village. I've never had Mexican breakfast before and I decided to branch out and order the Estrellados, eggs over easy on a corn tortilla with avocado, oaxaca cheese, bacon bits, and salsa verde. It was a flavor combination I had never tasted before and it was delicious!



Of course, it isn't brunch without unlimited mimosas. I was hoping to have a wee buzz to calm my nerves for the hospital but I ended up being proper drunk before I knew it. The sun was still shining and I was having a fantastic time so I decided I'd go after the sun set.



Maybe we had a few too many...



We decided to go back to our friend's apartment, hang out, and drink some rum on his rooftop. I mean how do you say no to that? On our walk over we passed a bar that Miss Brit and I had gone to years ago. It had a photo booth and we decided to make a little detour and spend an hour hamming it up in the photo booth.



Finally, we made it to the roof. (Does this view ever get old?)



And watched the sun set...(le sigh)



After the sun set we realized we were pretty hungry again and headed out to St. Marks in search of food. After browsing lots of menus we finally agreed on Cafe Orlin where we had a lovely sidewalk table and housed steak and potatoes and washed it down with bottles of red wine.

After we were fed we were refueled for more drinks. We strolled down St. Marks in search of another bar. It was just another set of shenanigans at the next bar. Some random guy offered to draw my portrait for 25 cents and I figured, why not? I sat there for an hour while this guy drew the crappiest picture I've ever seen. I bet him my quarter back that I could draw a better picture. I'm not sure how long this went on for but we all got into get and decided to all sit and draw at the bar. Maybe we were just drunk but it was very entertaining.

I ran into some more friends later and ended up going to another bar back in Queens until 4AM. So what was supposed to be a 2 hour brunch turned into 14 hours of drinking. Seriously, I love NYC for so many reasons and one of them is that there is a random adventure around every corner. And I love my friends who are always open for a little spontaneity and make an ordinary Sunday one of the most Fundays ever.

This bunny was drunk and ready for bed by 5AM. A Sunday well spent.

1 comment:

photobooth fun | Nina Christensen said...

[...] is how we spent an hour of our Sunday… : [...]