Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!



I think it's funny when a new year comes and people say, "Thank God last year is over, I'm ready for the next year," as if the changing of the digit in the year automatically erases the past events in your life and ensures a new beginning. But I can understand the need for a fresh start and a new year sure can give you hope for that.

2010 definitely had some low points for me but I'm happy that the good stands out more in my mind and outweighs the bad. I did a great deal of travel within the country this past year, the most I've ever done.

In January, I took a long weekend in Vermont with my girlfriends. We drank lots of hot cocoa and played games by the fire.



In March, the girls got together again for another trip to Utah. This trip was filled with many new adventures such as snowshoeing, hot springs, and scary men cooking us dinner.



In April, I went to meet my mom in California. My best friend, Romy, was also working there that week and my friend, Hannah, was also there visiting a mutual friend, so I had tons of people to catch up with. Hannah came along on a roadtrip from LA to San Francisco (my first time there), and over the 6 hour drive we became best friends forever.



I spent my first full summer in NYC where I celebrated my birthday, went to a lot of rooftop BBQ's, relaxed at the beach, and explored the city on my bike.

In July, I went to visit my brother in North Carolina before his deployment. We bonded over World Cup and Ghost Hunters. (And learned how dorky we both are).



I spend a lot of time with Romy at the Jersey Shore in August.



Hannah came to visit me in October and I felt like I was also on vacation, getting to explore NYC and falling in love with it a million times over.



In November, I went to visit my former roommate, Andrew, in New Orleans. It was my first time in the city and I just fell in love with it. Jumbalaya, gumbo, raw oysters, daiquiris, ghost tour, voo doo, mansions, warm and sunny in November = yes please!



I was invited to a million places for the holidays and despite not being able to see my family, I really wanted to be in NYC in December. There's just something about it that I just can't explain.

Looking back at 2010, I have to say, I've got it pretty good. I've got big things planned for 2011 and I can't wait to see where this year takes me. Wishing you all a Happy New Year and may all your hopes for it be fulfilled!

No comments: