Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wishlist

I wanted to make a Gift Guide this year but I'm a little pressed for time and, who am I kidding really, every time I go shopping for someone else I return with bags full of stuff for myself.

My brother asks my every year what I want for Christmas and I realized I spend all my money on clothes and books (and booze). But I'm such a shopaholic that if I've asked for it, I most likely bought it a day later.

Nevertheless, I decided to make a Wishlist...and maybe if you have a friend or bratty sister who loves fluffy animals and regresses in maturity with each year she lives...well maybe there would be something on this list that you could buy for her...

BOOKS:

I buy books often and I collect them for my future library but the one thing I rarely buy for myself are gift books. It's just not the same when you buy them for yourself.

Lulu and the Brontosaurus



The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos



I Hate Everything



PAJAMAS:

Who doesn't love comfy PJ's? Who actually spends money on it though? No one- unless it's a gift. I'm not sure why but I have an obsession with Christmas Story style onesie longjohn pajamas. If you love being warm and being the walking epitome of unsexy- these are the pj's for you!



These are a bit more functional while still getting the 5 year old boy look...



L.L. Bean also has a pair for "all day comfort!" It says. (I know, what was I doing shopping the L.L. Bean catalog right? I knew they'd have a thermal onesie).

OTHER CRAP I DON'T NEED:

I am a sucker for all things colorful and unnecessary and Pylones is an awesome store to spend money you don't have on things you don't need.

I have been looking for a USB hub and was holding out on buying one until I found a cute and overpriced one. Um, FOUND IT!



I also really love globes and maps. I imagine having a bunch in different sizes and styles in my library. How awesome is this globe of NYC?



And speaking of maps, I think this scratch off map is such a great idea. You can scratch off the countries you've visited, like a lotto ticket, and keep track of where you've been.



Ok maybe it's a good thing I don't have a bigger apartment because I may just spend all my money covering it in maps. But if I did have a place of my own, I would love this silk screened map above my couch.



Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Bionic Woman said...

Suchhhhhh good finds!