Sunday, December 26, 2010

unexpected gifts

These past few years I feel like I've been hating the holidays less and less. I think I've finally learned to stop worrying about the things I don't have and to focus on all the wonderful people and things I do have in my life. All I wanted this year was to spend time with the people I care about the most but some of my awesome friends managed to surprise me with such thoughtful gifts. Unexpected gifts really are the best to give and receive.

I had mentioned to Bionics that my mom usually gets me the summer sausage from Hickory Farms every Christmas but that she obviously wasn't getting it for me this year. It started out as a joke, this bad gift that my mom got me, but now I actually crave it around Christmastime. Next thing I know, I received a box of Hickory Farms summer sausage and cheeses in the mail from Bionics. It was so sweet and thoughtful and truly made my Christmas.



Gus also really loved the gift, although I think he loved the box more.



Another dear friend of mine got me these adorable (and cozy!) penguin slippers. I love wearing them and making the penguins dance. (The other night I came into my bedroom to find Gus attacking these slippers. I'm not sure where his hatred for penguins stemmed from but we're gonna keep him away from my slippers!)



She also got me this funny penguin wine key. She must know how much I love penguins and wine!



...and this handmade vegetable soap that smells like fresh laundry washed in heaven. It's wrapped so beautifully with a little jewel on the top that I can't bring myself to use it.



I met Miss Brit for dinner last night and she surprised me with one of my favorite movies. Gah! I'm gonna watch it over and over and over and then hug the box after.



And of course...can I ever have enough Hello Kitty dolls? NOPE!



I hope the holidays were wonderful for all of you!

No comments: