Monday, May 10, 2010

so many birthdays!

I am still trying to recover from my fun filled weekend. Friday was another beautiful day so I had my girlfriends come over and sunbathe on my rooftop. Later that evening I had my friend, Whitney's, surprise birthday party at 675 bar in the Meatpacking district. She had fried cheesecake for dessert. (It was amazing).





I was trying to drink water between each drink and leave by midnight because I had to be up early the next day. This did not happen.

I woke up the next morning with very little sleep and was dragging through my day. At 6 PM I took the path train to Hoboken to catch a ride to the shore for my best friend, Care Bear's, birthday celebration. (I have a lot of Taurus friends). I was only in Hoboken for 15 minutes and was so glad I don't live there anymore.

We went to our favorite martini bar and had quite a lot of laughs (and martinis!) over the night. I was quite drunk so, sadly, I didn't take many pictures. After the bar closed, naturally, we went for late night snacks. I got the cheesesteak sliders. Delicious!



Typical Kate got ketchup all over her boots. haha.



And typical Nina drunk face.



Sunday morning I had to wake up way early to catch a train back to NYC to make it in time for a Mets game. I was slightly bitter about this since I wanted to enjoy the afternoon with my girlfriends. I was tired, hungover, hadn't showered, and didn't have time to change my clothes. And it was a super chilly, windy afternoon. But aside from that it was a really exciting game. I haven't seen the Mets play (I'm a Yankee fan) since the subway series in 2000 and this was my first time in the new Citi Field stadium.



I went with a guy I met on my flight to LA...but I'm not gonna dish on that just yet.



I'm so glad to have the day off from drinking today. Time to get back to being a productive citizen (and back on my diet)...

1 comment:

Flight Boy | Nina Christensen said...

[...] recently went on a date with Flight Boy. I’ve made this mistake many times before but I have yet to learn. I [...]