Sunday, July 4, 2010

impromptu BBQue

I finally had a day off on Friday and was looking forward to watching World Cup, getting laundry done, laying out of the roof deck, writing, biking to the park, and going for a jog. I had only accomplished the first 3 things on my to do list when my roommates came home from a half day at work, as I was laying out. They said some coworkers were coming over for a lunch BBQ. I scrapped the rest of my to do list, called up some friends, and headed to the grocery store for some drink ingredients. I've been wanting to use up the rest of our dark rum and try out a recipe I saw in Women's Health. I made a pitcher of mango lassie (mango, tumeric, milk, non-fat Greek yogurt) mixed with dark rum. Mmm it was so delicious and refreshing but I don't think one person was meant to drink an entire pitcher.



Around 7 PM we loaded ourselves into the car and headed to Water Taxi Beach in Long Island City. I haven't been in two years! We got there just in time to see the sun setting between the buildings in Manhattan. I took the same picture of the Manhattan skyline over and over but I couldn't get over how the same view can look so different as the light changes. Sigh. I love this city.



What a great way to kick off the holiday weekend.

No comments: