Thursday, September 9, 2010

slumber party- grown up edition

Last night I went over to my friend, Holly's, for a slumber party. But this is a slightly more grown up version with some champagne, shrimp cocktail, hummus, cheese and veggie dip. Mmm. We got in our jammies, filled our glasses, and settled in to watch some movies. I wanted nothing that had to do with love so our choices were between animations, kids' movies, or horror. We settled on Labyrinth, a childhood favorite of Holly's. She was appalled that I had never seen it before and after watching it I realized why. It is the dumbest movie of all time. I'm just kidding...I mean, I think you had to have seen it as a kid to enjoy it today...but I can see it's allure...Goblins, catchy songs, talking worms, and creepy David Bowie in spandex.

The movie got us reminiscing about all the movies we loved as kids and teenagers from the 80's and 90's. We made a list of movies and decided that we're going to get together once a month (I'd prefer once a week) for throw-back movie night. Some favorites include Clueless, Reality Bites, Look Who's Talking, and Leprechaun. Quite a random list.



Anyway, the night was super fun and I honestly don't know anyone who has a more comfortable bed in Manhattan. (Must get the IKEA duvet!) I don't know what it is about slumber parties but I hope we never get too old for them.

No comments: