Thursday, April 7, 2011

Book of Mormon

Last night my boyfriend and I went to see Book of Mormon, a Broadway musical written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park. I had heard good reviews but I still couldn't grasp what a musical by the writers of South Park would entail... and I kinda liked that I went into it unknowingly. I don't think I could do the show justice by describing it. I did not stop laughing the entire time. It was brilliantly absurd. After seeing the show, I thought, "Yup, that's a musical by the South Park guys." Aside from the hilarious writing, I LOVED the dance moves. I bookmarked a few in my head for the next time I'm out. : )

After the show, we grabbed some burgers and beers back in Astoria. (You don't stay in Times Square longer than needed). It was such a lovely way to end a perfect evening. I definitely needed a fun, stress-free night out.

No comments: