Tuesday, April 12, 2011

maid of (dis)honor



Yesterday I was asked to be the Maid of Honor in a family wedding. I was definitely taken by surprise (I mean, who would trust me with such a big responsibility? Surely I'm more qualified to throw rose petals.) but I'm beyond excited. It's going to be my first time being a maid of honor and I sure hope I make a good one. (You'll be happy to know I've learned it's frowned upon to show up to a bridal shower drunk. I won't be doing that again!)

Coincidentally, I just saw the trailer for Judd Apatow's new movie, Bridesmaids, and I CANNOT wait to see it! The main character, Annie, who's broke and life is a mess, learns that she's going to have to pull it together and be the maid of honor in her best friend's wedding. (Hmm, who does that sound like?) The hilarious interaction between the 5 bridesmaids, who are as different as can be, brought back so many memories of weddings past. One of my favorite lines, thus far, from the trailer is when a male friend says to Annie, "You are the maid of dishonor." Too funny. (Hopefully no one would say this to me).

 

 

 

No comments: