Tuesday, May 10, 2011

weird food party




This Saturday, I went with my boyfriend to a weird food party where each guest brings one food item that isn't your typical meat and potatoes (or chicken). I've always been an adventurous eater, ever since I was a little kid, so I was looking forward to seeing what was on the menu. They had durian and mangosteen (which I've eaten a lot in Thailand), rabbit, escargot, pate, octopus, soft shell crab, pig's tongue and feet, and bone marrow. I've been wanting to try bone marrow for a long time and I had pictured something bloodier. It turned out to be quite delicious. (It looks like sushi in the photo but tastes nothing like it!) I enjoyed trying everything, especially the escargot, but I must say, my least favorite was the pig's tongue which was a bit too chewy for my liking. I had to pass on the pig's feet for fear of that same hard, chewiness. I think the flavors would have been much more enjoyable if it wasn't such a random smorgasbord of a menu, but the party was definitely a great way to try a bit of everything.

1 comment:

carebears said...

Sounds interesting and gross all at the same time! I don't think I would do well at such a party!