Wednesday, April 28, 2010

doing things



I'm in yet another one of my funks. I took a look at my finances the other day and let's just say it's not how I'd like them to look. And lately, I've been hating everything I'm writing- It's a cycle most writers go through- One minute you think you're typing gold and the next you want to throw it all out, laptop and all.

My birthday is coming up in a month and I tend to do a little self reflection around this time and I'm beating myself up a bit. But giving myself bruises and telling myself I'm a broke, sucky writer isn't going to get me anywhere. I actually need to do something about it, don't I. So up until my birthday I will be on a "Get Your Shit Together" plan. Eating better, drinking less, working out, and writing more. Oh, and I'm not spending a penny (except for subway and groceries) until my birthday. It's just a month. How hard can it be?

(poster via Swiss Miss)

No comments: