Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my weekend



I feel like I haven't slept since last Wednesday. I was having an early drink with Little One on Saturday when Miss Brit texted me that she was a friend's band's show and there were people dressed as unicorns. I rushed from East Village to Astoria because who doesn't love hanging out with unicorns? LO and I were pretty drunk when we arrived but there definitely were unicorns and robots at the bar. I mean...what the? It was the funniest, most random thing I've ever seen. People were wearing unicorn horns made of aluminum foil and robot outfits. Sober or not, we could not figure out the association with the two. But who cares, right? I stole someone's horn that was laying on the table and danced around with it until I broke it. Miss Brit broke the horn apart and then suddenly starting stuffing its contents in my mouth. Turns out the horns were stuffed with rice krispies treats. What a nice surprise! And then later somehow a random can of whipped cream appeared next to me. Unicorns, robots, and whipped cream. And of course, because I wasn't planning on going out, I didn't have my camera on me. I assure you, it was funny.

On Sunday I went to Jersey to see some of my girlfriends. It was also Thai New Year so we all went to dinner at a Thai restaurant I used to work at when I was in high school. I haven't eaten such good food since my mom moved back to Thailand! After dinner we all went to a local martini bar for the usual, dirty martinis. We were having a great time talking and catching up and were ready to wrap up the night around 12PM since it was Sunday and all. But then suddenly my arm was ripped out of its socket by a man asking forcing me onto the dance floor. And that's when the night went from "just a few drinks" to "I don't know how many martinis I had." Girlfriends, good food, martinis, unicorns, and total randomness are a good combination.

1 comment:

Care Bears said...

Love the pic! Wish I was there with you ladies!! (and to eat the Thai food and dirty's!) : ) Miss you girls!

The Unicorn party sounded fun too- who doesn't like a unicorn bearing rice krispie treats? you find the weirdest things.