Thursday, November 10, 2011

finding a work space

          







I mainly work from home during the week and I have the bad habit of crawling back into bed when I'm feeling overwhelmed by the mountain of work that I have to finish. It's extremely counterproductive and adds to my stress later, but for the moment the world just seems like a safer place under my covers. I was talking to one of my best friends who also works from home and she says she has the exact same problem, and the same temporary snuggly solution. We were glad to find out we weren't alone in our stress relieving tactic but decided we needed a better plan. Like maybe actually working on what needs to be done and it seems our "home office" is just not going to cut it.

We decided to meet at Queens Kickshaw, a local coffee and grilled cheese (and craft beer) joint that has free wifi, tons of communal seats, and a super friendly staff. I had an awesome El Salvadorian coffee, chedder and mozz grilled cheese with tomato soup, and later a brownie when I needed a pick me up. Oh, and I was extremely productive. Hooray for solutions! : )

No comments: