Wednesday, November 9, 2011

personal demons


"There is nothing to fear except the power you give to your own demons." -Sally Gardner


I think one of my personal demons is comparing myself to other people. Yesterday I got myself down because I learned that a former colleague got a position that I would’ve been up for, had I not left the company. I know, I feel silly even typing this. It’s crazy because I’m happier than I’ve ever been with my career and I know for a fact that I wouldn’t be happy with my former postion, and yet, I still felt the nagging “coulda, woulda, shouldas.” Do you guys ever feel like this? I wanted to snap out of it because I knew that feeling envious of something I don’t want is pretty ridiculous. So what did I do? I looked up pictures of puppies to take my mind off things. (OK, also pretty ridiculous).

No comments: