Thursday, November 3, 2011

Legendary champagne brunch

I think I dodged catastrophe and my external hard drive was saved. So I can get back to posting some photos. We went to the "Legendary Champagne Brunch" two Sundays ago which was beyond anything I could've imagined. I was told that "they just keep bringing food out" and that I was going to be "so full that it hurts" and that I "wouldn't think about food again for at least a week." Sure, sure I can comprehend what being stuffed feels like. I mean, I have attended Italian Thanksgivings before. But I was not prepared for what I was about to experience. They only do one seating at 1PM and after that the waiter literally brings one course after another, along with never letting your champagne glass go empty. We counted and it turned out to be 20  courses (!). We started off with a piece of bagel with lox, pumpkin bread, fruit, caesar salad, eggs benedict, and then went full speed ahead with mushroom risotto, ham, apple fritters, lamb, steak, chicken, scallops, and coconut shrimp. I'm certain there was a lot more but that is as far as I can remember as I started getting delirious and losing oxygen. (It was a fancy place so we got all dressed up for brunch, although we've been told that people show up in pajama pants. The nerve!)



I asked everyone to make a face for how they felt after their 20 course meal. I think mine wins.



After we had our 20th course and thought it was all over, they brought over a tray of 6 desserts. There was creme brulee, raspberry and mango sorbet, chocolate burrito, chocolate cake, cheesecake, and pecan pie. I don't know how we did it but we licked the plates clean and asked for a second chocolate burrito!



The best part of the entire afternoon, aside from the delicious meal, was that at the very end, our friend knocked over his glass of champagne and the drink splashed onto a lady at the next table. We apologized profusely, and she was very understanding, but we could not stop laughing when he said to her, "I'm so sorry but I was just in such shock when I saw this bill that I threw my hands up." How could you not forgive someone for that?


Brunch is seriously one of the best things on earth. 

No comments: