Friday, April 4, 2008

I've been discovered!


I get this line all the time: "Excuse me miss? Do you model? No? Wow, you really should. You're really beautiful." And no, I don't get this all the time because I'm actually beautiful enough to be a model. Guys really do believe that this line would work on a girl. Like I'm this girl who's always thought she was pretty but no one's ever really appreciated or noticed just how pretty I really am...that I'd be so flattered that someone thinks I could model, really model...Sorry buddy, I'm just not insecure enough for your lines.

The best part was this guy, Eddie, really took it to another level. Telling me he's a photographer and that I've really got something and that I'm so beautiful and that I should give him a call to set up a photo shoot with him and so on. (I'm stuck on the E train with him if you're wondering why I let this conversation go on for so long). So not only does he give me his number but he also writes a little note with an asterisk at the bottom: "Practice and count 200 poses in the mirror." He said if I did this I would "get it". I dunno- I got up to about 58 poses and gave up. I guess modeling is not in my future.

No comments: