Thursday, September 24, 2009

Missed Connection....

I went out last night and at the end of the night when I was standing at the bar waiting to close out my tab a guy approached me and said, "You've gotta let me buy you a drink." I had had one too many by that point and thanked him but said I was closing out and just about to leave. I turned to look at him and to my surprise he was pretty cute. Unfortunately I could barely form coherent sentences at that point. We made small talk about where we live, where we work, where we were going next, until his friends tapped him on the shoulder and said they were going. He told me where he worked and said I should stop in to say hi. I remember exclaiming with sincere enthusiasm, "I love it there!"

Of all the things I can't remember from last night, I can't for the life of me recall the one word from the night, where "there" actually was. I woke up today, remembering meeting a cute guy, and tried my best to think of where he could work that I also loved. Was he a server, bartender, retail associate? Was it Forever 21, Jamba Juice, or Shake Shack? Nothing is coming to me. Seeing how drunk I was, why would this guy trust that I would remember his place of work?

Nina + Drinking = Single Forever. : (

*UPDATE: So I was looking through my wallet the other day and found his business card. (At least I think it's his, I don't remember his name). I didn't remember him giving me his card, yet another thing I forgot eh? So I had the (genius) idea to look him up on facebook to confirm the face with the name. He's even cuter than my drunk eyes remembered! Now what to do? I don't want to friend him on facebook, but is it stupid to message him through that? Should I just stop in his place of work? I think I'd feel stupid. What should I do?

For those who aren't single, don't I make you miss being single?
Not.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Funny equation! Sad, but funny.

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Awe mannnnn that is horrible!!!!!!!!!! kinda funny, but still horrible!~!!!!!! blackberryyyyy pull it out! lol