Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My weekend

I had such a busy, stressful, yet fun weekend. I was supposed to work on Friday but ended up not having to go in. So of course I called everyone I knew (a rare night off!) to see who wanted to play with me. I went to visit Tim for a few dirty martinis. Then went to a new bar (which I love!) in Astoria with Wifey. (I will keep going there until the hot bartender becomes my boyfriend). Is that stalking? After that I met up with Holly and some of her friends at Greenhouse. We danced the night away and then went back to Holly's apartment with frozen pizza and champagne and continued the dance party until we literally dropped to the ground. It's nights like these that remind me how much I love New York and my amazing friends who live here.



I worked a long night on Saturday and stayed awake to catch a 6am train home to Jersey for my girlfriend's bridal shower. I was running on empty, and at one point (around 10am) I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I lasted and it was a lovely afternoon spent with my girlfriends. (I was told this cancelled out my wretched appearance at Annie's shower).


I had a dentist appointment yesterday which left me sore and cranky from the hefty bill. : / Then I drove my suitcases from my mom's in Jersey to my new apartment in Queens. Later, Wifey helped me move some boxes from my storage to my new place. (thank you, Wifey!) I was exhausted by the end of the day but am excited that I'm just a few boxes closer to being moved and settled in.

No comments: