Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010 to-do list


I have this terrible habit of writing to-do lists and then never looking at it. I would write the list every night before bed for the following day and then I don't read it in the morning. And then that night before bed when I'm about to write out another list I realize that I didn't do one thing on the old list. That didn't stop me from making another list today though while I was sitting at the computer not doing what I was supposed to be working on. I didn't want to make specific goals for 2010 because...I'm not sure why actually. Fear of being disappointed in myself if I don't achieve it? Anyway, as I sit here procrastinating, a few things keep popping in my head. Things I would rather be doing at the moment. Things that I'd like to do this year. So here's the list I created today. I guess you could call it a goals for 2010 list? It's a little ironic to be making a goals list while I'm sitting here putting off my immediate goals. But still, here it is:

1) Learn how to sew. Nothing major. Lately, I've been wanting to make a hat. I'd settle for learning how to patch a hole in my mittens.

2) Learn how to tease my hair. Maybe I've been inspired by Jersey Shore. I dunno. I'm craving volume. I try it and all I end up with are knots in my flat hair.

3) Use my blender more. I neglect it. I want more fruit shakes in my life.

4) Learn another language. I haven't decided which one yet. I'm between French or Japanese. Or Danish. Which one should I pick?

5) Get on the Oprah show before she retires. I know this one seems more fitting for a wishlist than a to-do list but ever since I was a teenager I used to joke about Oprah promoting my book.

I should be able to accomplish this in a year right?

No comments: