Sunday, January 17, 2010

Go home. Nothing good happens after last call.

Ok so I had just finished writing this post last night about how I was going to stay in for the weekend. I spoke too soon. Shortly after I wrote the post my phone rang at 11PM. I was sitting on the couch in sweats. An old friend, we'll call him Chapter 9, was back in town. I hadn't seen him in almost a year and I also have this complex where I think that every time I turn something down a night similar to something from The Hangover happens. So I got dressed as quickly as possible, hopped in a cab, and rushed to Spitzer's in the LES.

I'm going to start off by saying I should work on getting rid of this said complex quickly and I should've remained where I was, on my couch, wearing my dirty old sweats.

I had sent a text to Little One inviting her out but she didn't get it until the following morning and called to see how my night was. I told her I could tell her how it started out and then it only went downhill from there.

Let's start from the beginning. I was at the bar having a great time catching up with some friends I hadn't seen. TWO hours (this is very important here) after I had been standing at the bar, I sat down to talk to Elfin. I had my legs crossed and I looked down at my shoes. I thought to myself, "That's funny. I usually love these shoes but today they don't look all that hot." I looked at them some more and couldn't figure out why they didn't look good on me today. And then suddenly I realized, I was wearing my shoes on the wrong feet. Yes. That's right. Not only did I walk out of the house wearing my left shoe on my right foot and vice versa, but that I didn't notice until TWO (read: two) hours later! My only defense (I have no defense) is that I was in a hurry. Little One laughed at me and asked how I could not have noticed. In hindsight (always in hindsight) I recall thinking my feet hurt more than usual but I thought maybe I just wasn't drunk enough. Then I remember thinking I was tripping over my feet a lot but then I thought maybe the alcohol finally caught up to me. Then I remembered wondering why my toe was sticking out over the front of the heel and that was because the shoe was curving in the wrong direction. Then I remember wondering why the zippers were annoyingly hitting each other when I walk (it had never done this before) and that was because the zippers normally go on the outside of my feet.

I tried to switch my shoes back as discreetly as possible. It was 3AM. I remember thinking I should go home. Nothing good happens after last call. But TA had texted me earlier saying he was at a nearby bar and I said I would stop by before I went home. I said goodbye to Chapter 9 (Ch.9 for future references) and got in a taxi.

I arrived at the next bar and TA asked me what took so long. I downed a shot of Jameson's that was waiting for me and said, "Sorry, I was busy getting my heart broken." (Note: the things that are said and the events that follow had a positive correlation with the amount of alcohol we drank). TA got very upset by this comment and asked, "What makes you think I wanna hear about you and other guys?" TA and I know that we see other people but we never talk about it. (read: TA and I are still very confused about what we are to each other). The bar was also closing so TA went outside. We argued some more. Decided to go home. We shared a cab, since he's on the way, like we usually do. Still arguing. Perhaps it was the alcohol, perhaps it was the frustration I was feeling of my damn tongue not being able to relay the messages from my brain, but I began to cry. One lone tear fell down my cheek. Then another. Then another. TA felt horrible and apologized profusely. I said I was fine but the damn tears wouldn't stop. I never show emotion in front of him. He tells the taxi guy to just go to his place because I couldn't even speak. As soon as I got inside I just began sobbing. I had no idea what I was crying over but once I started I just couldn't stop. Who does that?

I woke up the following morning and TA saw that I was still feeling pretty low. He asked, "So who's this guy that broke your heart?" I told him I didn't want to talk about it. He turned to me and said, "Well, it could be worse. Today could be your wedding day." TA was supposed to be married today.

And that, my friends, sums up everything that happened between 11PM Saturday to 10AM Sunday.

1 comment:

Steph said...

HA! Shoes on the wrong feet- nerd ;)

By the way, I finally saw your response to my comment on the shoes post. Yeah, I'm late.