Thursday, June 5, 2008

From Utopia to being stuck in the rain in a white sundress...

As the saying would go for me- All good days must come to an end. After the rare optimistic hey life isn't so bad day I was having this was the email I sent to Mary the following day:

RE: Kill me.

Yes, yesterday was a better day for me. But as per my usual order of operations it just never lasts long. I worked all night- very long but not as aggravating...got home by 2am after getting caught in the pouring rain in a white sundress....

This morning. Woke up feeling like death. Soooo exhausted. Finally pulled myself out of bed after pressing snooze for 2 hours only to find my roommate was in the shower. Grrrrr. Then I couldn't find anything to wear. Nothing. I felt so defeated. My room was so so so messy- I couldn't find anything, not the iron, not my makeup, not any underwear. I was so tired and already running late- so I was like I'm gonna call out....And then I texted you to see if it was ok to call out of work because you had nothing to wear and you didn't get back to me so I had to make that decision on my own. I thought, "Oh come on, Nina, that is seriously irresponsible. Grow up." So I threw on jeans and a sweatshirt and came to work. Once I got here- there were fire trucks outside. No one could use the elevator due to a fire alarm on the 14th floor. So we were all waiting downstairs. Fire alarm is still going off. After all of that, why am I here?

Mary's response:

Wow that is amazing. I don’t know how you keep up with your own life! It really goes from utopia to stuck in the rain in a white sun dress in like 8 hours...

And that last quote, my friends, just really sums up my life.

No comments: