Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My 6 Word Memoir- What's yours?

A couple of weeks ago, when I went out for my birthday, a few guys approached us and after some small talk one guy asked, "So what do you girls do?" Mary and Kristine kinda looked at each other to see who was gonna answer first since he didn't really ask anyone in particular and so I took the initiative. "Well," I said, "I'm a writer, Mary runs things, and Kristine writes blogs and eats sour patch kids." And so this later lead to me coin that as Kristine's 6 word Memoir: Writes blogs, eats sour patch kids. Mine at the time was, "Why, God, Do You Mock Me?" But after driving around with Kristine this weekend and telling her some long winded story about how I didn't care about what a certain person thought and how I was going to do what I wanted to anyway, the end of the conversation went as so: "And you know, I really don't care. I mean fuck them, I'm not here to make any fucking friends." And so Kristine began laughing and said, "That is so your new 6 word Memoir!"

"I'm Not Here To Make Friends." -Nina Christensen

No comments: