Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists


The only good thing that came out of my horrible Monday was that my friend, W, had called me with extra tickets to a show for a band I had never heard of. I'm not exactly a band person, especially when I don't know the words to any of their songs. I don't know. I just don't really know what I should be doing. Nodding my head? Tapping my feet? Drinking beers? I don't like to turn down tickets though. Especially since someone was nice enough to ask me. My ex once asked me to a Robert Plant show in Connecticut. All I could hear on the phone over the loud bar music was, "Do you want to go see Lava Lamp?" Yet still, I agreed to go. Anyway, this band, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, who are opening for Pearl Jam this summer, turned out to be pretty damn good. I looked around the room and all I could think of was the Chappelle show episode of "White Guy Dancing to Acoustic Guitar" - lots of guys with funny jerky limb movements. The girl bopping around in front of me smelled lovely, like flowers and baby powder, so I must say, it was a damn good show.

No comments: