Tuesday, February 16, 2010

cold, lazy, unmotivated

That's how I'm feeling today.



I've got the winter blues. It's cold in my apartment and there are big fluffy flakes blowing outside my window. My phone is buzzing with parties for tonight but I just don't feel like getting dressed. How do you make a hot outfit with snowboots and a puffy coat? It's a perfect day to work on the book. I only need to edit 2 chapters and finish the cartoon and it'll be ready to send out. But I'm just sitting here staring blankly at the pages. I kinda wanna bake. I've been craving cupcakes but I don't have ingredients or a cupcake pan. I'm also pretty hungry. Would love to try out my crockpot that my brother bought me 5 years ago and I've never taken it out of the box. Again, the supermarket is across the street but I have no desire to get dressed and go. I'm sitting at my desk thinking about all the warm places I'd like to be (Bali, Brazil, Bangkok...) and willing myself not to text a Certain Boy and asking him to run away with me.

What do you guys do to get your motivation back? I need help!

1 comment:

raven said...

hmm..maybe you should rent some documentaries...documentaries about creative people, that always lights a fire to my ass after i view one. i watched the documentary on valentino last night, and I suddenly felt the urge to do something creative today. a big part of the problem is the snow, im sure once the weather gets a little warmer you'll start feeling a little more productive. :)