Monday, February 22, 2010

fresh direct for the soul

I've been bedridden all weekend from a fever, painfully swollen glands, and a sore throat. It was definitely karma getting me back from the week before when I told a boy that I hadn't called him back and I couldn't hang out because I was bedridden with the flu. And now look where I am. I didn't have much energy to stray too far from the bed but my mom's voice was in the back of my head saying, "You gotta eat." I climbed up above my cabinets to try attempt #2 with the crockpot. I searched soup recipes but they were all too thick; chowders, stews, and cream of everything. I put the crockpot back in the box and dragged myself to the food store instead for ingredients to make chicken noodle soup.

I chopped up some celery and carrots and added pasta noodles to a chicken broth. Omg it was delicious. I ate all 6 cups yesterday.


Unfortunately for me I don't lose my appetite when I'm sick. It's the opposite actually. I can't stop eating. I was feeling restless and had a craving for something sweet so I baked a funfetti cake. It hurt like hell to swallow it but it was a pain I was willing to bear.





I woke up to my doorbell ringing this morning and, to my pleasant surprise, it was a package from Fresh Direct filled with goodies to make me feel better. A very dear and thoughtful friend of mine sent me a box full of apples, oranges, OJ, cough drops, meds, raisin bread (yums!), carrots, and pizza. How sweet is that? I'm starting to feel better already.



Now if only I can find a hug somewhere at the bottom of this box...

No comments: