Tuesday, January 20, 2009

With friends like these, Who needs a boyfriend?

I woke up with a fever, sore throat, and chills. Just when I was realizing I was coming down with something my phone rang. It was Brittany asking me if I wanted her to bring me some soup. Confused I asked, "Did I tell you I was sick?"

"No," she answered, "I was just going to the bank near you and wanted to see if you wanted me to bring by some soup and catch up a bit." And she didn't even have to ask which soup I wanted! She brought over my favorite, Broccoli Cheddar Mashed Potato from Hale and Hearty.

Talking to my friend, Tim, later I told him I wasn't feeling well. He asked if I needed soup. I thanked him but declined, I was well fed by then.

My friend, Michele, called me after she got off work to see if I needed her to bring me medicine. Seriously? Why are my friends so friekin' awesome?

No comments: