Sunday, March 8, 2009

I've got a sponsor...

I woke up this morning with the 3 H's; hungry, hungover, and horny. Well, more lonely than horny actually. I miss waking up to someone who puts a smile on my face, finding a comfy spot on his chest, and spending the rest of the day in bed.

I texted A to say I wanted to give up on giving up sex for lent. I wanted to call TA. I realized that I've been developing more feelings for him than I should. A texted me back to tell me not to do it, that he is no good for me, and that I deserve better. Then she wrote, "OMG, I am your lent sponsor!" She set the rules for me:

No sex.
No phone sex.
No facebook chat sex.
Call her the moment I have the urge to text TA.

I accepted the terms and texted her back, "OK. I'm in bed with thin mints and hello kitty."

2 comments:

Frijolita said...

Holy hell how long is lent again. Then again I've had a temporary dry spell myself. That being said I am a retired Catholic so technically I'm giving up sex for lent. Good luck though!

Anonymous said...

I've learned that when friends tell you someone is no good for you, they are always RIGHT.

A random booty call is one thing (well, not if you've given it up), but catching feelings for the wrong guy is a huge step in the wrong direction. And that time spent with him to cure your loneliness, you could be missing your chance meeting with Mr. Right.

Stick to your guns, woman. It will be worth it in the end. I promise!

-Britt J