Saturday, March 14, 2009

Speaking of failing adulthood...

Oh boy. If you guys could have seen the sad sight I was last night. I got home around 11 PM, drunk as...well, usual, and there was this incessant beeping noise. It took me a while, in my drunken stupor, to figure out it was my smoke detector beeping because the batteries were low. I felt like my head was going to explode from the beeping. I must have texted a friend about it because next thing I know my building phone is ringing. I picked it up, "Yessssshhhh?" It was my doorman. "Your friend is here."

"OK Shhhurrrrr. Shend him up!" I realized I was talking like this but I could do nothing about it. Friend came up to find me on my tippy toes, on my desk chair, reaching for the smoke detector.

"I can't figure it out," I said," I took it off the wall but it won't stop beeping," as I'm holding the still beeping detector in my hand.

"You have to take the battery out," he said.

No comments: