Monday, March 8, 2010

pancakes and Oscars



I finally started feeling a little better yesterday. My glands were less swollen and I was able to drink liquids and eat soft food. It was such a gorgeous day here in NYC (50F and sunny), I decided I needed a little au natural vitamin D in my life. I packed some jell-O and ventured out of isolation to meet Miss Brit for a rooftop bbq in Fort Greene. The view, good friends, and the smell of meat was just what I needed but once the sun set and the temperature dropped I knew I had to get home.

On the way, I stopped at the store to pick up some pancake mix. I had been craving random things for days and last night I settled in to watch the Oscars with a nice yummy blueberry pancake dinner.

I hadn't watched the Oscars in full in years and I really enjoyed the show last night. The acceptance speeches are usually my favorite because of the winners' pure emotion and exhilaration. I loved that many of the speeches had a positive message such as following your dream and that you can achieve anything you set your mind to. I also love when the actors thank their partner like when Jeff Bridges thanked his wife. My favorite speech of the night? Sandra Bullock's, of course.

And ahem, who was the be-speckled hottie that presented with J Lo? Sam Worthington from Avatar, I've got my eye on you. ; )



PS. Did J Lo's dress look like bubble wrap to anyone else?

1 comment:

Erikka said...

YES!! And apparently we're not the only ones who thought so. Entertainment Weekly has a photo gallery of the best and worst of last night's Oscars and they agree, her dress looked like bubble wrap.