Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sibling Love

I was having a Starbucks coffee the other day and for the first time ever I read the little "The Way I See It" quote on the side of the cup. #59 read:

"Having two older brothers is a healthy reminder that you're always closer to the bottom than you are to the top." -- Andy Roddick

This quote had me chuckling to myself, being the youngest of four siblings, they were always there to remind me that I wasn't very cool, I didn't know everything, and that my parents found me on the mountains of Thailand and took pity.

My siblings have definitely made me stronger and most likely caused me to be the determined and competitive person that I am because I was always trying to prove myself to them. Today they are just the opposite; whenever I feel like I'm at rock bottom they are always there to pick me right back up.

No comments: