Friday, May 1, 2009

I get it!

Up until now I was slightly worried that my disdain for children and babies meant that I would never be ready for one of my own. I feared that I wouldn't be able to like my friends' and family's children, and worse, my own. My friends seemed to have the same fear, always astonished by my instant grimace as soon as there in a baby within 50 feet of me. I always reassured them, halfheartedly at least, that I would be able to love their children and family, but I was never too sure myself if this would happen once that day came.


I met my 10 month old nephew, Logan, last week and I must say that all of my fears have been subsided. I fell in love with little Logan the moment I saw him. It was heartbreaking really. Especially since his parents wouldn't let me take him with me in my purse. I really don't have the words to describe how awesome he was and to see how happy he made my brother. I finally understand how parents love their own so much. When I got back to Anands I was showing them pictures of Logan and telling them just how in love with him I was. They asked me if I was feeling "broody," meaning longing for a baby of my own. Erm, being jobless, homeless, and manless, I'd say that's a big N-O. For now, I'll stick to being the proudest Auntie ever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

fnny we walked not even 5 blocks, and you were telling me how you "get it" but the second you saw a child you freaked while i was "awww"


love you. i hope you love my minis too. you will have to, cuz their mom is like soo awesome ;)

Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd hear the words come out of your mouth. Haha he is absolutely adorable, I'd prob love him too!