Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 18: root canal and regressing

Root canal day. Woke up with the worst stomach ache. So scared and nervous.

I’ve been going to this dentist since I was a child. I notice for the first time that it looks like he hasn’t updated his equipment since 1985. Very, very afraid. I start to cry.

I think I’m about to pass out when he’s injecting me with novacaine. My dentist keeps saying things, while his fingers are in my mouth, and I have no idea what he’s saying. What if it’s something important like, “Keep as still as possible, I’m sawing your tooth into 4 pieces and I don’t want to miss.” Yikes.

It really wasn’t AS bad as I had feared. I imagine child birth would be much worse. But the noises, the yanking, and seeing his bloody fingers were enough for me to have gripped holes into the chair. It was over in 30 minutes which was a very much appreciated surprise. I was swollen, bloody, and super cranky afterwards.
(icing my face, looking pissed and miserable!)


Mom and auntie were treating me by taking me to the beach at Hua Hin. They took such good care of me, buying me mushy food, feeding me painkillers, and completely babying me. I forgot how wonderful my mom could be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i am soo happy to hear you missing your mom. i will need to "mommy" someone, so let me practice on you.

k? thanks. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made site!
Just thought this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/lilo-and-stitch-party-supplies.html]lilo and stitch Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike