Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6: goodbyes

Went to TA’s to say bye. We decide, with me being away for so long, that this is a good time to break things off for good. “Cold turkey,” he says. I was hesitant, it was more of his idea than mine, but he asked how long could we really keep going like this. We talked about a lot of things involving our relationship that we should have brought up since the beginning but never did. The main point being that even if we gave it a good try, it would never work. Logically, I know this. He is someone who would drive me mad between his dishonesty and trouble of differentiating the use of WE’RE (WE ARE) and WERE. Still, I realize I will miss him terribly. He suggested, “We could be buddies.” I’m sad, but satisfied with the closure. I wonder if this would allow me to move on now. Wifey says it’s a new beginning. An opportunity for someone more deserving to enter my life.

Wifey helps drag my luggage to Grand Central for the bus to JFK. Arrive at Terminal 4 forty minutes later. It’s the crappiest terminal ever. Shitty food vendors and a tiny little duty free shop.

Notice that I’m the only East Asian/White person on line for Qatar Airways. Flight Attendant asks me if I’m on the correct line. Little boy won’t stop crying. We’re not even on the plane yet!

Spot a hottie, the only other White person, sitting at the same gate. Oh I hope he sits next to me, I hope he sits next to me! Little Boy is still crying.

Only a 12 hour flight to Qatar! Normally it takes about 16 hours till my first stop. I slept most of the way, watched an episode of Lost, and made sure I was woken up for all meals (my favorite part!). Boy stopped crying before boarding plane. Didn’t hear a peep from him or any other babies the entire flight. Amazing!

1 comment:

Teach.Workout.Love said...

aweee that sucks :( well goodbyes are never fun... but at least u seem to be happy about where u are going!