Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 13: cabin fever

I was asleep by 8 PM last night. I slept so well aside from the one bad dream I had about going back to work at the Thai restaurant I worked at years ago. Shudder.

Slept in a bit today. Didn’t get out of bed till 7 AM. It’s funny that I go to bed before my Grandma. It’s quite nice though. I haven’t had this much sleep in a long time.

7:30 AM Waiting for water to boil for coffee. Who knew I would love instant coffee so much. I don’t even need it. It just gives me something to do.

Notice a mosquito bite at the bottom of my foot. The fucker! Now my foot itches every time I step on it.

Scoop ants out of my coffee.

Wish I brought more things to do. On my last episode of Lost Season 4. I love the character, Miles, btw. He’s my new favorite on the island. I wouldn’t be as bored if my siblings were here. Hopefully I’ll be back here with my brother at the end of the year.

On my last few minutes of battery life on my lap top so I can’t even do any writing. Forgot to bring the adaptor.

My head still feels so cloudy with stress. Can’t I just stay in Thailand forever? Won’t someone just pay off the last of my bills for me?

9:30 AM Grandma’s friend visits. She remembers me from when I was little. She tells mom I’ve grown to be a pretty young woman. Mom tells her she’s exaggerating. She takes any opportunity to put me down. She tells my mom I’m all grown up. Mom tells her I don’t have a boyfried. I know this is her way of joking but it bugs me. Whenever I did have a boyfriend she always told me to focus on my career.

10 AM It’s pouring again. Even harder than yesterday. The sound is deafening.

11 AM I fell asleep for an hour. The rain is so relaxing. Especially when I’m not commuting or trying to stay dry.

12 PM I’m getting a bit of cabin fever. Grandma is well but she can’t really walk around so we stay home. I know once I’m back in the city I’m gonna miss the calm here.

12:30 PM Took a shower outside today. It was freezing since it was raining but it felt great. Everybody should have an outdoor shower. It’s the best.


Haven’t shaved my legs in days. I could be mistaken for a man.

3 PM So bored. Whitening my teeth.
3:30 PM Going stir crazy. Mom and I drove into town to pick up food.

6 PM Feel much better after being out of the house. The views today were spectacular. The air as much cooler from the rain and there was a low fog that blanketed the mountains. Saw a beautiful rainbow. Got to see the sunrise and sunset today. Feeling much better. Wish Rich was here.






7:30 PM Watching the evening news with Grandma. Bedtime in 30 minutes.

Mom’s friend arrives with the delivery of 1500 pounds of soil for Grandma’s farm. The farm help is not around to help unload the car. I help unload the 40 bags of soil with her friend. I bet now mom’s glad to have a fat daughter. Her friend compliments how strong I am. Mom brags that I’m quite the athlete.

8 PM Super sweaty. Shower feels awesome.

Her friend offers me a beer. God, I’d love one right now. I need to see if I could make it till the end of the week without alcohol.

No comments: